Subject: Re: Tebaldi's (in)famous 1963 'Adriana'
From: "Ms. Voigt's Broadcast Isolde" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 9 Aug 2017 13:17:48 -0400

I've read so many Tebaldi interviews I can't remember one from another, but
she said to somebody something like, "About Magda, what can one say?  The
voice is what it is, but she is clever."  And my favorite Renata line, "And
where are all the big voices today?  All we have are tiny mosquitoes.")

I saw her (Olivero) twice in 'Tosca', once with Pavarotti, and did feel a
decided connection with another age.  (Yes, she did sing 'Vissi d'arte'
lying on her back.)

David Kubiak
   _________