Subject: Re: DON CARLO Recordings
From: Russ Geschke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 8 Aug 2017 04:00:51 -0500

Because no one else has mentioned this:  There is also a 2 CD "Living Stage"
mono recording of "Don Carlo" from Lyric Opera of Chicago, opening night 14
October 1960, with Tucker, Margherita Roberti, Gobbi, Simionato, and
Christoff, conducted by Antonino Votto.  The usual abridged performance
edition.  The sound (as I recall) was quite good.  My copy came from either
amazon.com or ebay.