Subject: Re: Here’s why you can’t see Kaufmann’s Otello in New York
From: Sue Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 1 Aug 2017 18:11:40 +0000

This speculative thread about Kaufmann's ROH Otello in select theaters arrived 2 or 3 weeks after the majority of the special showings in my part of the world. I live in Dallas and the only theater in my state showing Otello this late is several hours' drive away in Houston, TX.

No, American isn't boycotting Kaufmann. The usual theaters did screen the ROH Otello at least twice within a few days of each other before the end of the ROH run. We will not see special events from London, Milano or Munich in theaters where we view Met Opera Live in HD matinees and encores since their agreements with the Met prohibit showing operas from other companies.

If we missed Otello this time around, we can learn to check websites and note performance dates of companies that release video to worldwide movie theaters. Waiting this long to find a showing almost assures we'll be weeks late and miss it entirely.

Sue HarrisonDallas, TX