Subject: Re: Los Angeles MACBETH (James Conlon, wow!)
From: Donald Levine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 7 Aug 2017 09:37:12 -0700

Aw Lidia, you just think Nezzie is cute.  I'd love to see him and the Dude
standing together, which one would reach 5'4"?  In all seriousness, he is a
superb conductor and the prima donna's in the Met Orchestra like him which
makes him ahead of the game already.  But I do think Conlon is a superb and
often overlooked conductor.

As for Domingo, some performances he is awful, at some his voice is
astoundingly well preserved and I guess if people want to see him, its
their right and it's the right of the management to extract as much money
as they can but there is a time for everything, and eventually all singers
have to go.  There is a generation of fine young baritones who are denied
big Verdi roles in the major houses because Domingo thinks he is the
current Robert Merrill or Piero Cappuccilli.  If I were one of them (the
younger baritones) I'd be sort of pissed.