Subject: Re: Here’s why you can’t see Kaufmann’s Otello in New York
From: donald kane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 1 Aug 2017 13:04:42 -0400

Must a foreign artist necessarily enjoy the experience of working in
the US?  Would Kaufmann be the first not to do so?  He might also
choose never to return to Australia after he sees what that's like.
For a German, I think Lotte Lehmann may have been unique in her
lasting enthusiasm for the American way of life.

I had a German grandparent, and I love almost all things German,
including the language and the real estate, but isn't there something
unfathomable about Germans themselves?   Grandpa sure was.

dtmk