Subject: Re: Los Angeles MACBETH (James Conlon, wow!)
From: Jon Goldberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 7 Aug 2017 10:17:56 -0400

Indeed. Though I haven't always been a fan of the baritone Domingo, I have to say that I
chose this past weekend to listen to the LA Opera broadcast of Hoffmann instead of the
Macbeth (which I will gleefully look forward to catching on a rebroadcast). I enjoyed the
singing quite a bit, especially Grigolo - but oy gevalt, Domingo's conducting was so
noticeably sub par. Really not fair to the rest of the production.

So yes, if Domingo truly insists on performing at this stage in his life, I'd much rather hear
him sing.

On Mon, 7 Aug 2017 07:39:11 -0400, Idia Legray <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Better up there at the footlights than down in the pit, dontcha know!

Modify your settings: