Subject: Re: Los Angeles MACBETH (James Conlon, wow!)
From: tom ponti <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 7 Aug 2017 12:15:46 +0000

Just listened to Doming sing Macbeth's great last act aria from LA. While one can admire Placido's energy and effort for a man of his age, or any age for that matter, the fact is that his voice is just not suited for this or probably any major Verdi baritone role. His performance of that aria was, without doubt, the worst I ever heard. Personally, I would rather he conduct than sing major baritone roles at this stage of his career.  To each his own!