Subject: Re: Los Angeles MACBETH (James Conlon, wow!)
From: Les Mitnick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 6 Aug 2017 23:42:17 -0500

I concur with Vesna on this one.  I heard the Domingo/Conlon Macbeth on the broadcast last Saturday and I thought that Domingo was far more effective here than I would have dared expect.  He used his voice well (and he certainly still has one!), and delivered a first class performance.  I was not as impressed with Semenchuk, but when I think of sitting through another Macbeth a few years ago with Nadja Michael as the Lady,  Semenchuk (in comparison), sounded like Callas or Verrett.

     I always knew that Domingo's voice had darkened, but I never heard it quite THIS dark.