Subject: Re: Los Angeles MACBETH (James Conlon, wow!)
From: A Katalin Mitchell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 6 Aug 2017 19:48:17 -0400

I also tuned in while in transit between Bard College and Tanglewood, and just missed the beginning, so my first hearing was this strange voice singing Macbeth’s entrance, but did not take long for me to conclude that it can only be Domingo; and I agree with Vesna, that as usual, when I hear him in baritone roles, I very much miss that darker-deeper sound for the part, but Domingo’s voice still has such beauty of tone, and he delivers such a wonderful characterization, that I cannot help but enjoy listening to him. And yes, Semenchuk, d’Arcangelo, orchestra and chorus were fabulous.  I kept losing service on my cell at various points on the road, so I missed some of the performance much to my frustration (only caught the cabaletta of the Macduff aria), but got to enjoy the complete last act by the shore of the Stockbridge Bowl, which had a lovely visual complement of boats sailing by.

Katalin Mitchell
Press and Media Relations Representative
Commonwealth Shakespeare Company/BabsonARTS
231 Forest Street / Sorenson Center / Wellesley, MA 02457
OUR AMERICAN HAMLET | BECKETT IN BRIEF | JULIUS CAESAR |ROMEO & JULIET on the Boston Common