Subject: Otellos
From: David Shengold <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 6 Aug 2017 19:41:22 +0000

Hi Mr. Van den Buick
Sorry in re the spelling: I am working on a laptop, not at home, in indifferent light.
As I said, I was thinking of Luccioni, who doubtless was in the second class of Otellos-- Vezzani *would have been* in the first. But I am grateful to know that he didn't indeed perform it. I wonder why not?
Am surprised I could inform you about anything concerning a Dutch singer; but have always wondered about Hans Kaart after reading enconiums--and then about his sad fate-- in old OPERA magazines. Is he remembered in the Netherlands?  Is Theo Bayle?
Cheers - Mr. Shengold