Subject: Re: Subject: Re: Subject: Re: Fascinating article with Jonas Kaufmann from Australia
From: Rudi Van den Bulck <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 6 Aug 2017 21:19:56 +0200

I can’t vouch for both Mr Van Den Beck or Mr Van Den Back, I can only vouch for myself.
Mr Shengold called Vezzani ‘ a leading 20th century Otello’, that’s quite a statement and unfair to other tenors. That’s the only reason for my reaction and certainly not the desire to contradict Mr Shengold’s postings. Did I ever except for a long time ago correction on the career of Joseph Rosenstock?
I’m quite familiar with Vezzani’s career as he is one of my favorite tenors as well – we certainy agree on that Mr Shengold. The only book on Vezzani does not mention this role nor does the “limited” biography in The Record Collector. Recording parts of the role –splendid as they may be- doesn’t mean the singer actually sang the role on stage. Vezzani did not. Luccioni did indeed.
Apparently Hans Kaart sang Otello in Dusseldorf –rejoice Mr Shengold - opposite his compatriot Gerry de Groot. A friend sent me photos of that performance. This info is quite new to me. Kaart did have a voice but a great tenor in the Del Monaco, Caruso, Corelli kind of way- he wasn’t though Leo Riemens thought he had the potential.

Cheers Rudi (Van den Bulck)