Subject: Re: HOW TO LISTEN (cont) Formerly: Bayreuth MEISTERSINGER today 12 pm EDT
From: Mike Leone <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 6 Aug 2017 13:46:46 -0500

Not to beat a dead horse, Donald, but are you clicking on the links corresponding to the days of the week on the operacast home page?  If so, are you seeing the links to the various streams on the operacast pages?  They say things like "128 MP3" and other such hieroglyphical phrases (well, hieroglyphical to me, anyway).  Somebody else sent several examples.

When I click on the link, normally the device that plays the stream comes up and starts playing.  At home it is VLC and at work it is iTunes (I usually use Google Chrome which I have found to keep the stream alive better than does Internet Explorer.  However, on Chrome a little box comes up on the lower left-hand side of the screen after I click on the page; I have to click on the box to get the stream to open.)

I haven't seen anything in your e-mails indicating that you are seeing these links or trying them, and I'm wondering if you are.  I have had stranger things happen on the computer than not see a link.  If the link is not working, I can usually click on the link for the station and find the link for the player.  It helps a bit if the page is in one of the Romance languages which I have some familiarity with, but I am usually successful with the others as well.  Plus google translate is my friend.

I agree with you on Domingo's Macbeth and hope he was as effective in the house as he was on the broadcast.  I think Verdi's orchestrations tend to swamp him and that he had a much better vocal presence in Thaïs which I saw him do in Los Angeles in May 2015.

Mike Leone

Ecco il Leone!

Sent from my iPhone