Subject: Re: Subject: Re: Fascinating article with Jonas Kaufmann from Australia
From: Bob Rideout <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 6 Aug 2017 11:16:48 -0400

I have not seen Dimiter Uzunov mentioned, a tenor whom I saw in
the role at the Met; far from awful. If I missed any mention, my
apology.

I was at Bergonzi's last NYC recital, which he ended with "Niun mi
tema". It was not good. The friend sitting next to me (we are both
huge fans) grimaced and said "it started a lot better than it ended".
To this day, I have no idea why he attempted the complete role at
that point in his career. if you have trouble with " Niun mi tema"
you'll have no end of grief with the rest of it. What was he thinking?

Bob