Subject: Re: Subject: Re: Fascinating article with Jonas Kaufmann from Australia
From: David Geary <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 6 Aug 2017 16:55:02 +0200

I saw Gregory Kunde give a wonderful performance of the role in Seville
a couple of years ago, and evidently he had a bigger success following
Kaufmann in the role at Covent Garden than the latter did. He must be
the only tenor in history who has sung both Verdi's and Rossini's Otello
And in the same season!

BTW, in the performance in Seville Julliana de Giacomo sang a wonderful
Desdemona. There were moments she reminded me of Tebaldi, and in that
role there can't be higher praise.

Modify your settings: