Subject: Re: Subject: Re: Fascinating article with Jonas Kaufmann from Australia
From: ANGELO MAMMANO <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 6 Aug 2017 10:43:02 -0400

Two American Otellos that have not been mentioned are Leonard Del Ferro, who sang

the role with Opera Company of Boston with Amara and Gobbi and Claude Heater who

appeared  at OCB with Tebaldi and Vinay.  Del Ferro became a noted New York

voice teacher if I am not mistaken.  At the intermission of the Heater/Tebaldi Otello,

Leinsdorf who at that time was BSO music director, left with his wife and an obviously

disgruntled look.  Terry McKuen (sic) tried unsuccessfully to pacify him so as to avoid

an unpleasant scene but Leinsdorf refused his entreaties and left in a huff.

Angelo from Boston