Subject: Re: HOW TO LISTEN (formerly, Bayreuth MEISTERSINGER today 12 pm EDT)
From: RAYMOND GOUIN <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 5 Aug 2017 15:58:13 -0400

Hi.

Look at the top of the listing.  There will be a list of streams to choose from
and the kbs (quality of each).  Just click on the stream you want.  Some of the streams will work with your system and some will not depending upon which  media players that you have on your computer.

I use VLC Media Player as my default but also have Windows Media Player.  Both are free downloads.

The listings that you will choose from look like this:

128k MP3 (Winamp)
256k AAC
54k MP3
etc.

I generally choose MP3 at the highest k rate offered.

If those don't help, click on the station id that is on the far left of the screen by your selection.  That will get you to the station itself.  The problem with this system is that you have to find the "listen live" or "listen now" tab and the "volume" tab (the loudness of the latter which will vary from station to station), and these may be in a foreign language which you have to locate and translate on your own.

For convenience, you can go on to the WCRB/Boston Symphony web site. It will give you a list of media streams that are available to you and you can click and download all of the media streams that you want for your personal use.  This is also the safest way to do so as there are a number of sites (which pay to be listed first on search engines)that will offer free downloads.  But they are not affiliated with the developer and usually come with strings attached, the net result of which is usually filling your computer with ads.

My language is not very technical but I hope this helps.

Best.
Ray

***