Subject: Two Otellos but one baritonal
From: Charles Handelman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 5 Aug 2017 14:45:59 -0400

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOTZWi-TBls

Mean Charlie listening to LA Macbeth,.,At 75 Plackdo has plenty of
voice..BUT he is a tenor. The only tenor who sounded baritonal in his career
and who could pull it off later in life was Vinay.

   I know I am hard on "cheating" (ignorance of audience and he sells tickets)

But who else has a "gimmick" (as in Gypsy).

Sing Zarzuelas in lower key....you hgave a great sound..but as a