Subject: Re: Dimitrij at Bard
From: MICHAEL HETSKO <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 5 Aug 2017 07:10:02 -0400

I attended Wednesday’s performance with five other people. some of whom had attended the Boston performance.  I think we all liked.  Some agreed cuts could be made to reduce the overall four hour length.  Singing was quite good; some of us who had attended Boston thought the Boston singers were a bit better, especially the tenor.  No complaints, however, about the singers.  Nothing was spent on costumes and sets.  Stage direction was pretty good, even the very good chorus moved around the stage with purpose.

Music was terrific.  Opera deserves to be seen and heard far more often

Sat in first balcony which was totally full.  Couldn’t see back of orchestra section