Subject: Re: "Anthony Tommasini is Wrong If...."
From: donald kane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 4 Aug 2017 21:14:23 -0400

I'm sure you meant to say Barber's First Symphony is the "excellent" one;
it is.
First recorded by Bruno Walter, and subsequently by many others, it retains
its standing as one of Barber's best works, while his Second is, perhaps,
best forgotten.  If Trump had been talking about "we" rather than Western
Civilization, no apologies would have to be made.

dtmk