Subject: Re: "Anthony Tommasini is Wrong If...."
From: London Tier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 4 Aug 2017 16:20:20 -0700

Yes, many of us have puzzled over this piece. Means well but somewhat
confused.

I would have asked who precisely Trump means by "WE write symphonies." Name
an American symphony anyone cares about. WE got OUR symphonies courtesy of
NATO. And they're all over a hundred years old. What Americans have
contributed to music history are blues, jazz, soul, rock, hip-hop. And the
world is very grateful.

Writing this after a day immersed in Mahler 3 in preparation for a seminar.
I love Mahler, but I also love Prince as a musician. One does not need to
choose.