Subject: Tosca's last note
From: David Kubiak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 4 Aug 2017 14:30:59 -0400

I was listening to a Sirius Met 'Tosca' from the 70's with Bumbry, who had
all the notes but constantly sounded pushed, and Giacomini, who was really
having one of his famous off-nights.  But my question is about Tosca's last
note on 'Dio'.  I have winced at so many tonal clashes when the orchestra
comes in that I'm not sure I would know the right note if I heard it.  Has
anyone else felt this, and if so, what makes the interval hard for a soprano
to get right?

Thanks.

David Kubiak