Subject: Re: Here’s why you can’t see Kaufmann’s Otello in New York
From: Donald Levine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 1 Aug 2017 07:10:50 -0700

Hi.  We had a showing of the Otello in Phoenix on July 19.  It was at four
theatres in the Metro area.  As for the Met locking down theatres that show
Met in HD, at least two of the Phoenix theatres also show Met in HD during
the season.  That doesn't mean Gelb isn't an as----e, but.....  As for Mr.
Gelb, he should be more concerned about filling his theatre than whats
going on in the movies.  Personally, I think showing ROH and La Scala helps
the overall business for all of them.  But, then again, the Met was always
proprietary and snooty.

Donald