Subject: ARTIST'S EVENTS
From: Bob Dilley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 2 Aug 2017 05:33:41 -0400

Forsooth Opera Lovers!

Today we can celebrate the birthday of Gundula Janowitz (1937).

Let us remember the following artists who joined Heaven's Choir on this
date:

Enrico Caruso (1873-1921)
Pietro Mascagni (1863-1945)
Marguerite Piazza (1921-2012)

The quote for today is:  "It was my mentor who impressed, time and
again, the necessity of singing as nature intended, and  I remember - he
constantly warned, don't let the public know that you work. So I went
slowly. I never forced the voice."      Enrico Caruso.

As always, a big HAPPY BIRTHDAY to our birthday artist for today and
all forum members who share their birthday with her.

ARTISTS' EVENTS salutes these artists for their enduring contributions
to the world of classical music.

ARTISTS' EVENTS honors the following Hall of Fame peerless artists for
their profound contributions to the world of opera:

Tenor of all tenors Enrico Caruso (25 February 1873-2 August 1921)
Coloratura prima donna assoluta Erna Berger (19 October 1900-14 June
1990)
Soprano prima donna assoluta Rosa Ponselle (22 January 1897-25 May
1981)
Prima contralto assoluta Fedora Barbieri (4 June 1920-4 March 2003)
Baritone unequaled Leonard Warren (21 April 1911-4 March 1960)
Basso profundo of all bassos Ezio Pinza (18 May 1892-9 May 1957)

 In memory of the following first rate artists for August 2017:

 Primo tenore Richard Tucker (28 Aug 1913-8 Jan 1975)
 Coloratura stupenda Gail Robinson (7 Aug 1946-19 Oct 2008)
 Soprano prima donna Christine Nillson (20 Aug 1843-20 Nov 1921)
 Contralto assoluta Maria Olszewska (12 Aug 1892-17 May 1969)
 Baritone unparalleled Heinrich Schlusnus (6 Aug 1888-18 Jun 1952)
 Basso profundo Kim Borg (7 Aug 1919-28 Apr 2000)
 Distinguished virtuoso Aldo Ciccolini (15 Aug 1925-1 Feb 2015)
 Preeminent conductor Wolfgang Sawalisch (26 Aug 1923-22 Feb 2013)
 Premier composer Umberto Giordano (28 Aug 1867-12 Nov 1948)
 Featured premier Verdi's "Alzira" 12 Aug 1845)

 NON CLASSICAL RECORDINGS OF MERITORIOUS ARTISTIC EXCELLENCE:

 "Mas Canciones," Linda Ronstadt
 "Canciones de Mi Padre," Linda Ronstadt
 "Jardin Azul: Las Canciones Favoritas," Linda Ronstadt
 "Greatest Italian Songs," vol 1, Connie Francis
 "Greatest Italian Songs," vol 2, Connie Francis
 "Spanish and Latin American Favorites," Connie Francis
 Bing Crosby: "White Christmas," with sales of over 100 MILLION copies.
 Also, he was the best recording artist of the 20th century with over
 half a BILLION records in circulation.

 May ARTISTS' EVENTS put a smile on your face and a song in your heart
 each day.

 Pace e Gioia,

 Bob Dilley
 QUI AUDIT AIPISCITUR