Subject: Re: Tebaldi's (in)famous 1963 'Adriana'
From: walter guitian <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 8 Aug 2017 03:47:24 +0000

David, No matter  the melodramatic prose that some men say of Tebaldi '63 New York Adriana  For those things there is nothing better than going to the document. I did not know that Sirius had aired the '63 Adriana. It is perfectly accurate the review you wrote of the february 2, 1963 Adriana, It is a good broadcast.The difference between the '63 Adriana and the '64 Boheme is that in the '63 Adriana the velvet and the richness (of the soprano with the richest voice of the second half of the last century) were the same as always. When she returned in 1964, the voice was technically well studied but that year (1963) of private life problems had stolen a bit of smoothness and richness so her voice was known as unique. There is another document of Tebaldi 1962/63 that shows her in very good voice, the september 1962 Telecast Berlin -Otello, now released in DVD https://youtu.be/WUi00RfjwFs

|    |
Renata Tebaldi sings "Ave Maria" Otello
 Berlin Opera. September 1, 1962  |   |