Subject: Re: Here’swhy you can’tsee Kaufmann’sOtello in New York and why is he going to Sydney
From: A Katalin Mitchell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 1 Aug 2017 15:12:56 -0400

This trip is during the time that his kids are on summer vacation, and I bet he is taking the whole family for a big adventure down under. He is singing Parsifal in concert version (twice), so it does not involve weeks of rehearsal, and I bet they gave him a pretty significant fee to do so.
Not the same as spending weeks in the dead of winter in nyc to rehearse a new production of whatever.  But I bet if they offer him something worth his while, he will be back to nyc.