Subject: Re: DON CARLO Recordings
From: Vesna Danilovic <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 7 Aug 2017 20:19:18 -0400

I absolutely agree with you about the Solti and Giulini studio sets, Max.
If not the first studio recording (that honor goes to Santini even twice,
no idea why...), Solti's was surely the first *major* studio set. Now that
you highlight Gobbi on Santini '54, I've never heard his Rodrigo and would
surely want to listen to it. I do have this second studio from 1961 and for
all the reasons we mentioned, it's a keeper for me.

Best, Vesna