Subject: R. I . P, Claudia Pinza
From: David Shengold <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 7 Aug 2017 23:07:19 +0000

Hello again Mr. Van Den *Bulck* and Listers.

"She made her Scala debut at 18 "

This factoid from has gone into obituaries world wide, and seems to me to be a misreading of a reference online, an article detailing 20th century Monteverdi performance to a 1943 appearance at Cremona's Teatro Ponchielli as La Musica in L'ORFEO opposite Fedora Barbieri. (The *next* entry deals with a staging at the Piccola Scala). A wise fellow lister states that there is no mention of Ms. Pinza in the Scala Archives at all.

Several singers I have interviewed over the years, including Vivica Genaux and Kevin Glavin, have spoken warmly of Ms. Pinza as a teacher and mentor.
Best- David Shengold