Subject: ROH Otello with Kaufmann in Houston Aug. 6 & 8
From: "Max D. Winter" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 4 Aug 2017 19:04:42 -0400

For any Listers in or around Houston, the ROH's production of "Otello" with Jonas Kaufmann
will be shown at the AMC Houston 8 downtown, at 10:00 a.m. Sunday Aug. 6 and 12:55 p.m.
Tuesday Aug. 8.  I'll probably catch the Sunday performance.  Looking forward to it.  (I heard
Otello in Kaufmann's voice the first time I heard him as Alfredo in Traviata in 2006.  In fact, I
wondered what that baritonal tenor was doing singing Alfredo!)  Be interesting to see if he
lives up to expectations.  Impressions I've read have been mixed.

Modify your settings: