Subject: Re: Multiple singers for Wotan
From: James Bodge <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 30 Jul 2017 21:40:30 -0400

It's likely that the offer from Bayreuth came while the singer(s) was
still learning the full role.   Rather than lose a good artist, the
theater split the role.  Back in the early '60s, there was a lot of
Wotan sharing -  among the likes of Jerome Hines, Hans Hotter, James
Milligan, Otto Wiener and Theo Adam.

The production was new in 2013, the 200th anniversary of Wagner's birth.

Jim Bodge

--
James Bodge

You only need two things: WD-40 and Duct Tape.  If something moves and
it shouldn't, use the Duct Tape.  If it won't move and it should, use
the WD-40.