Subject: Re: Any reactions to this marvelous leggiero? YEES!
From: Les Mitnick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 28 Jul 2017 00:27:09 -0500

There are a good number of YouTube videos of him, and I've watched most of them.  He's very young and he's very, very good.  He also has the physique du role.  Where did he come from?  Where is he singing?  To me, he sounds more like a lyric tenor with a voice somewhat like Polenzani's was twenty years ago rather than a leggiero of the Florez/Osborn variety.  This singer is on his way to a major career, I hope.  Having said that, I have to also say that the Capuletti, Don Pasquale,  and Rosenkavalier productions that I got a glimpse of (in which he was appearing) look positively awful.   Who's idea could it have been to place Ernesto in a bathtub?????