Subject: Re: LUISA MILLER recordings
From: Maxwell Paley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 22 Jul 2017 10:18:31 -0700

There was a recent thread on Moffo.

The "Luisa Miller" recording has caused me puzzlement relative to what happened with her a few years later. I just don't believe that a singer who lacked technique could possibly have sung this as well as she did, even in a recording studio. This is technically a very difficult role. And she also creates a real character, sweet and loving but strong willed, not just the victim.

I agree that this is an overall really excellent performance and recording.

I never bought a digital copy so can't comment on CD sound, but the sound on my LP copy (UK Decca pressing - avoided the Dynagroove grunge) is really fine.

Max Paley

Sent from my iPhone