Subject: Re: Caballe (my evil thoughts), was 1973 Norma
From: Godfrey Daniels <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 26 Jul 2017 17:02:45 -0400

The worst I ever heard (and this among many enjoyable performances) was an Ernani in SF.
She skipped most of the Cs and the ones she didn't were cringe-inducing. I was so anxious
the audience would actually boo her! And there were other times the notes just didn't come
out, like on Rossini runs sing pp in Tanti Affetti I think it was in a Golden Gate Park concert.
But I loved her - she was a charmer! My personal favorite is a collection of zarzuela arias on
a Spanish label never issued on cd.

Modify your settings: