Subject: Re: Jonathan Tetelman WOW!!!
From: donald kane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 25 Jul 2017 10:49:20 -0400

The videos of Tetelman are of a gifted young singer
still in the process of learning.  I wasn't at all bothered
by his movements; they may only be the formative
gestures studiously.copied from traditional concert
practices.  He has plenty of time and, hopefully, the
instinct to make them his own.  Piccaver, conversely,
In the Preislied, is mature, technically flawless, but
entirely expressionless, as he tosses off Wagner's
masterpiece.  Compare it with the equally mature, but
thrillingly understood performance by Lauritz Melchior,
in the film TWO SISTERS FROM BOSTON:  though cut
to ribbons, it still sounds, (and looks) as it should, like the
greatest song ever written.

dtmk