Subject: Luisa Miller
From: R PRADA <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 23 Jul 2017 22:03:16 -0400

Albert, usually I pick my conductor first, and my first choice where possible Is Peter Maag. He is my ideal.

In the case of Miller I was listening for Maria, and Moffo was IT. I was looking for how a beautiful lyric could embody the role.

Bergonzi was superb in Verdi. MacNeill was sometimes wonderful, but later not so much.

My acting teacher at Teatro Colon, Hina's daughter, Teresa Serantes, called that kind of hammy acting so popular with some young singers, Silent Screen.  Wynn Handman calls it indicating. It's wrong. Hopefully they outgrow it, but of course they can be accused of parking and barking.

Sent from my iPhone