Subject: Re: Jonathan Tetelman WOW!!!
From: Maxwell Paley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 23 Jul 2017 15:11:13 -0700

Interesting that you bring up Piccaver. Many other tenors have been compared to Caruso, including Gigli (who, to me, sounds totally different). From that era, I can only judge from records but Piccaver, to my ear, sometimes sounds remarkably similar to Caruso in terms of timbre and overall sound. The comparison might not always be obvious because of frequent differences in repertoire and language.

Max Paley

Sent from my iPhone