Subject: Re: LUISA MILLER recordings
From: donald kane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 22 Jul 2017 19:31:46 -0400

There are reasons enough not to mention it, but I can't help wondering
what Verdi collectors think of the two performances I happen to own:
the 1943, in German, with Maria Cebotari, Hans Hopf, and Josef
Hermann, under Elmendorff, from Dresden; and the 1979 Met, with Scotto,
Domingo, and Milnes, Levine conducting, which was released on cd by Gala,
and was only for sale about fifteen minutes before the lawyers noticed..
The German one was an lp set, which I haven't seen in a while, but the cds
I have in my hand.

dtmk