Subject: Re: Overheard at the Met
From: John Feather <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 20 Jul 2017 18:55:30 -0400

My favorite Met experience was a WOZZECK in 1970's with Anja Silja.

During the break after Act One (even then it was performed without
intermission) a man in the front row of the Grand Tier, stood up turned to all
of us and yelled "Well this is quite a melody fest."

    As he stormed up the stairs to leave, a woman in the row in front of me
screamed angrily at him, "Come back for MADAME BUTTERFLY!!"