Subject: Re: Overheard at the Met..Tony Randall & Rosenkavalier
From: Alan Savada <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 20 Jul 2017 07:48:11 +0200

More than 25 years ago when Anthony Laciura was 1st hired at the met and became a Well-known character tenor fixture he was playing the major domo for faninal in  act two of rosenkavalier.Anthony was always a brilliant character and remained so to this day, but what amazed me was that I was in hysterics at his every move.As I laughed at the antics going on Mr. Randall who was sitting across the aisle from me kept shushing me. I finally pointed to Anthony and he began to laugh as well-and let me enjoy the rest of the performance.
Alan SavadaWashington DCvia the Samsung Galaxy S®8+
-------- Original message --------From: Bob Rideout <[log in to unmask]> Date: 7/19/17  11:54 PM  (GMT+01:00) To: [log in to unmask] Subject: Overheard at the Met
after the first act of Peter Grimes with Jon Vickers, about a million
years ago -

"Can we leave, please? I don't know what this is, but I know it's not
an opera".

Bob