Subject: Re: Overheard at the Met
From: Andrew Moravcsik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 20 Jul 2017 03:28:39 +0000

I attended a star-studded MET performance of Tristan some years back, sitting in a box. A obviously wealthy, older female patron was with in the front row of the next box, with her very similar friend. When Act Two began, she immediately fell asleep and slept all the way through until applause jolted her awake at the end of the act. She turned to her friend, who had stayed awake, and asked: "Is the opera over?" Her friend responded, doubtfully, "I'm not sure, let's ask someone if there's another act."

Andrew Moravcsik