Subject: Re: Overheard at Otello screening
From: MLA <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 19 Jul 2017 16:21:01 -0400

At the opening of the Met's New Don Carlo in 1979, as the marvelous , somber music of the scene with the Inquisitor and Philip unfolded, James Morris came through a door at the back, led on by two minions. As they helped him, eyes blackened out, to the front a lady turned to her companion and asked in a voice the entire Dress Circle heard, "is he blind?!"

The scene has been ruined forever.

Mike

Sent from my iPhone