Subject: Overheard at Otello screening
From: Pattie Kealy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 19 Jul 2017 14:17:00 -0400

Went to the Vancouver screening of ROH Otello yesterday evening, which had me nailed to
my seat throughout, even through the bloody ending. At intermission I heard the following
exchange between two women sitting behind me:

1. "So Verdi is Verdi but the Royal Opera is not the Met, right?"

2.  "That's right."

1.  "Well, thanks for straightening that out for me."

I sort of understand the second part, but as for the first, I wonder who she thought the
other Verdi was!

Cheers, all!

Modify your settings: