Subject: Re: Rheingold at BSO last night
From: "Max D. Winter" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 18 Jul 2017 23:51:50 -0400

I only heard the fourth scene, so I will reserve final judgment until I hear the whole thing.
But what I heard I did not much like.  The singers were OK but the conducting sounded
perfunctory.  "Heda heda hedo!" just sat there - no shimmer, no thrill, no surge, no presence
- and the Entrance of the Gods was flat-footed.

Modify your settings: