Subject: Re: Ivan Petroff, Bulgarian-born baritone
From: David Shengold <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 18 Jul 2017 04:51:04 +0000

Looking at Frank Hamilton's invaluable Philadelphia site, I found out more. Talk about a bygone era..

Ivan Petroff w/Philadelphia companies
1941
Tonio and Valentin  w/Sydney RaynerGermont and Rigoletto w/Dimitri Onofrei ( who sang one night only at the Met, as Lohengrin in 1936)
1945Valentin w/Nino Martini and Vivian della ChiesaEnrico w/Hilde Reggiani, Bruno Landi/MartiniFigaro ( Rossini) w/Reggiani, Salvatore BaccaloniEscamillo [Pittsburgh] w/Bruna Castagna, Raoul JobinDi Luna w/Norina Greco1946Valentin w/Martini, Dorothy Kirsten [Washington D.C.]/Wilma Spence1948
Amonasro w/Florence Kirk