Subject: Re: OPERACAST IS GONE?
From: Geoffrey Riggs <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 16 Jul 2017 16:02:02 -0400

On Sun, 16 Jul 2017 14:13:50 -0400, E J Michel
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>I would be curious to know what city/country those who
are able to see the
>website.
>
>i have used VPN and tried UK and US and CA and all are
not showing the
>website.
>
>anyway, i checked a cached page of last sunday and the
address i emailed is
>listed as the contact address.
>
>Hopefully there will be an update soon.

------------------------------

This is very odd. We did receive your email, and I did send
a response. You didn't see it?

Anyway, the latest is that we appear to have successfully
removed all the suspect files we never put up and are
awaiting the results of Ready Hosting's rescan before
being operational.

Geoffrey Riggs

----------------

<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>> Hello all--
>> I hope Operacast will be back.  The proprietors were
just updating their
>> weekly calendar yesterday, so if they have gone down,
they must not have
>> known about it in advance.  It was down for a few
hours several weeks ago,
>> the first time I had ever known that to happen.  The
same thing happened
>> with opera-club.net about sixteen months ago; it was
down for a few
>> hours, came back, and then a week or so later it was
gone for good.  I hope
>> that doesn't turn out to be the case here.
>> I saw Moffo as Lucia in Baltimore in 1965, not long
after she made her
>> recording of the opera, and I saw Price in Trovatore at
the Met in 1969 and
>> in concert in Houston in the 1980s.  I loved them both.
I gave a number of
>> my opera-loving friends her Thaïs recording when it
came out a few months
>> ago; I'm one of those who believe that she is much
better in it than she
>> was originally reputed to be, and I've never heard
anybody get inside the
>> character the way she does.
>> Mike Leone
>> [log in to unmask] il Leone!

>> To stay subscribed but TURN OFF mail, send a
message to
>> [log in to unmask] containing only the words:
SET OPERA-L NOMAIL
http://listserv.bccls.org/archives/opera-l.html