Subject: Price
From: R PRADA <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 16 Jul 2017 00:25:54 -0400

That is a great clarification of what happened. I can only tell you that when I heard her in Buenos Aires it was well after the Fanciulla, and pretty near the end of her career.
The velvet I heard in that Taccea was exceptional. The house was so hushed you could feel the awe. So opinions notwithstanding she outdid herself. It was ravishing. I am repeating this because my text was subverted by my spell check and part was missing. Tucker was exciting as well, and he was supposedly nearing the end of his career,
> On Jul 16, 2017, at 12:00 AM, OPERA-L automatic digest system <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> Subject: Re: Price & Fanciulla
> =46rom an interview in Ovation Magazine, 1980:=20
> "I was totally exhausted.  I had worked on the role in Rome and I knew it=
> .  It was a time in=20
> my life -- as a pioneer, a barrier breaker -- when I couldn't say no.  Th=
> e pressure was=20
> enormous.  And the FANCIULLA was fine when I was rested.  I don't, howeve=
> r, leave anything=20
> until I have conquered it, and I left that one with a gold ribbon on it. =
> I did the role on the=20
> tour that year, and it was in Dallas when everything worked.  There are t=
> apes to prove it, but
> nobody writes about that."

Modify your settings: