Subject: Re: Price & Fanciulla
From: George Rios <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 15 Jul 2017 22:41:28 -0400

From an interview in Ovation Magazine, 1980:

"I was totally exhausted.  I had worked on the role in Rome and I knew it.  It was a time in
my life -- as a pioneer, a barrier breaker -- when I couldn't say no.  The pressure was
enormous.  And the FANCIULLA was fine when I was rested.  I don't, however, leave anything
until I have conquered it, and I left that one with a gold ribbon on it.  I did the role on the
tour that year, and it was in Dallas when everything worked.  There are tapes to prove it, but
nobody writes about that."