Subject: Re: Vickers and Tannhauser (was Re: RIP Jon Vickers, 7/11/2017)
From: "Michael E. Lane" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 15 Jul 2017 18:16:52 -0400

At an interview with the late Robert Jacobson, then the Editor of Opera News, Vickers went off into a discussion about Paul Tillich, faith and its meaning, something about a bouncing ball...I turned to my companions and said, somewhat kiddingly, " I guess he's trying to tell us he can't sing the Rome Narration..".... he was one of a kind, the greatest tenor I've known, conquered the big 5, Tristan, Enee, Grimes, Ghermann and Otello.....

Sent from my iPad