Subject: Re: OPERACAST IS GONE?
From: Mike Leone <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 15 Jul 2017 21:03:44 +0000

Hello all--
I hope Operacast will be back.  The proprietors were just updating their weekly calendar yesterday, so if they have gone down, they must not have known about it in advance.  It was down for a few hours several weeks ago, the first time I had ever known that to happen.  The same thing happened with opera-club.net about sixteen months ago; it was down for a few hours, came back, and then a week or so later it was gone for good.  I hope that doesn't turn out to be the case here.
I saw Moffo as Lucia in Baltimore in 1965, not long after she made her recording of the opera, and I saw Price in Trovatore at the Met in 1969 and in concert in Houston in the 1980s.  I loved them both.  I gave a number of my opera-loving friends her Thaïs recording when it came out a few months ago; I'm one of those who believe that she is much better in it than she was originally reputed to be, and I've never heard anybody get inside the character the way she does.
Mike Leone
[log in to unmask] il Leone!