Subject: Film and Opera
From: Charles Handelman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 13 Jul 2017 16:21:45 -0400

Movie Lines for Operatic Characters  (Name the Film!!)

Scarpia:  "Round up the usual sospetti" (also: "I'm only a poor,corrupt
official."  ( Gee..that movie has them all!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Erda:       "Here's looking at you, kidS."( Noisy bunch)

Siegfried:    "It's ALIVE!!!!"

Minnie:        "GIN!!!!"

Werther:     "Charlotte.(Scarlet)......Kiss me...twice"

Mimi:    "What a DUMP!!!!!"

Jack Rance         "Pull  the string!"  (well,the rope)...and then he sings,
"Bela mi creda libero lontana"

Marguerite     "If I only had a brain"

Fafner                "If I was King of the Forest" (well, he came close.)

 Marcello:             "Of all the Gin joints and honky-tonks, she has to
wander into this one."

 Peter Grimes:     "Well, nobody's PERFECT!"

 Don Giovanni       "Soon the moon will rise and I'll turn into a
wolf".Leporello: Yeah,you and 20 million other guys.  (See Abbott and
Costello Meet Frankenstein")

So....add your own........