Subject: Re: Divine Lohengrin DVD
From: Maxwell Paley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 12 Jul 2017 18:22:35 -0700

I saw the title and wondered if there had been a production from the 70s with Divine as Elsa or Ortrud.

Charlie, you should also check out Herlitzus' Dyer's Wife on the Salzburg FroSch (also Thielemann) from a few years ago. She'll be San Francisco's Brünnhilde next summer.

Konieczny and Beczala are singers I've liked in everything I've seen/heard them do. I'd primarily heard Konieczny in Wagner but l also really liked his Jack Rance in the Vienna "Fanciulla" with Stemme (unfortunately wigged like Clarabelle the clown) and Kaufmann.

Telramund is a bitch to sing. Sits very high at the beginning of Act 2.

Max Paley

Sent from my iPhone